TCC are on the lookout for a Business Development/Marketing Manager for the generation and development of both inbound and outbound business opportunities. The successful candidate will be a consummate and credible sales professional selling a fully integrated on/offline marketing offering to Marketing Directors and Managing Directors of major brands and blue-chip companies.
The role is focused purely on business development and is suited to people who are ‘sales hungry’ and who can exploit their exceptional sales skills with effective and successful results.
If you are driven to succeed, thrive on a challenge and want to be part of the team that takes our business to a new level then this role is for you.
- You will develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for TCC to an agreed annual target. Presenting TCC to potential clients through direct communication, in face to face meetings, networking and speaker opportunities.
- Responsible for your own lead generation and appointment setting.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close; handover to the client services team.
- You must possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to TCC are captured and explored.
- You will have individual responsibility for new business, and are expected to self-manage. Support will be available for complex large pitches and strategies.
- As a representative of TCC your professional manner and polished appearance will aid your intention of gaining new business leads and contacts.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following TCC process.
- Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner.
Part of what makes TCC successful are the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for all things marketing. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.
An inspiration to your colleagues, you are a tenacious, driven and highly motivated professional with a proven record of success in the B2B and B2C selling environment with experience of selling to “Blue Chip” companies at director level.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven business development success.
- Confident negotiator and ability to accurately qualify opportunities.
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises.
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with a willingness to generate ideas and solutions.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing business opportunities.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, and presentation.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Capable of working independently and having responsibility as an individual.
- A strategic thinker who is self-motivated and hungry for success.
- UK driving licence.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Confidence to present a tailored presentation to a potential client team by effectively using a range of presentation skills i.e. body language, voice tone etc.
Ability to identify new business opportunities using sector specific targeting and networking.
A detailed knowledge of off and online marketing.
Ability to manage and maintain accurate and accessible tailored documentation i.e. presentations / proposals to meet client’s needs.
Ability to co-ordinate the pitch process by effectively providing the relevant teams with a summary of clients technical and marketing needs in order to obtain relevant assessment strategy recommendations.
ESTIMATED TIME ALLOCATION:
80% networking and meetings and generating new business leads.
20% Developing proposals and strategy.
Candidates will be required to provide up to three personal (not organisational) references from Managers, Colleagues and Customers.